Volunteer with the LA Promise Fund | Ongoing | Hybrid, online and in-person Los Angeles
- Become a LA Promise Fund (LAPF) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to prepare students for college, career, and life. We welcome volunteers to get involved through our menu of engagement activities – all that can be done remotely via Zoom. The majority of the students are from South LA high school career academies or in The Intern Project career exploration cohort.
- Virtual and in-person volunteer opportunities are taking place in the next few months that include an engineering career panel (10/27) and mock interviews (11/9-11/10). If you are interested in getting involved please contact STEM@aero.org and sign up here.
Mentorship with Portal Schools | Ongoing | Hybrid, online and in-person AGO
- Become a Portal School mentor and engage with high school students on specific prompts and content that are customizable to your mentee. As a mentor you will attend monthly Tuesday sessions where you will guide students through big ideas and opportunities, while building social capital.
- Commitment: ~20 minutes per month of prep time, one meeting a month during the afternoon (12:40 – 1:40 p.m. PT), with an additional 5 min follow up survey. Please contact STEM@aero.org for more information or to get involved.
Vex Robotics Competition | Ongoing | Virginia
- We are in need of VEX Robotics volunteers – no prior experience needed. Event planning volunteers will work with a team to help make a robotics tournament successful for middle and high school students on February 3 – 5, 2022. If you are interested in volunteering for this event or would like more information, please contact Margie Eastman at email@example.com.
Science Fair Judges and Student Interviews | Ongoing | September – June | Virtual, all locations
- Students and educators have been in contact with requests for science fair judges and personnel for student interviews. If you’d like to help with one of these efforts, please contact us at STEM@aero.org
Outreach Coordinator – Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Affairs and Communications
The Aerospace Corporation
310-529-8970 – Mobile