Below are our current and upcoming STEM volunteer opportunities.
- !! ABQ Discover STEAM Day | February 18 | In-person, ABQ
- Volunteers are needed for the annual Discover STEAM Day at the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History in Albuquerque, NM. This year Aerospace will host a booth and is looking for volunteers to manage the booth, speak to visitors, and run demos for kids. Aerospace booth volunteers are needed, and signups are available on Aerospace Cares.
- !! Volunteer at EXP’s Women in STEM Career Day | February 24 | In-person, Long Beach, CA
- EXP’s Women in STEM Career Day is an annual event that connects high school young women from across Southern California with STEM industry organizations to discover STEM career possibilities. This year, we expect 625 high school female students, grades 9 – 12th, from 13 EXP-supported schools and select schools from OC Pathways. Opportunities include being a panelist, moderator, or having lunch with students. For more information, or to sign up, visit here.
- Volunteer Science Fair Judges Needed for Herndon Science Competition | March | In-person and Online
- Volunteer judges are needed for multiple regional science fairs, and the Herndon Science Competition. This year the local county science fairs will be in-person, as will the internal Aerospace Herndon science fair. Prior to the event, we will need volunteers to be Judges at regional Middle and High School science competitions. For more information contact Sandor Der, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Christina Smith, email@example.com, or visit Aerospace Cares.
- Virtual Visits with 5th grade classrooms with the Smithsonian Science Education Center | Virtual, All locations
- Volunteer details: Each visit will feature an Aerospace employee who will share a short section of a story from the Sailing Under the Stars book and a little about themselves. Visits will last around 10 – 15 minutes including time for questions.Volunteer shifts include time to login on Zoom (to check connection/sound). All shifts occur in March and can be found on Aerospace Cares or through email to Cares@aero.org.
- In Need of Judges at Local Science and Engineering Fairs! | March 8 and March 13 | In-person, California
- Volunteer as a judge for local science and engineering fairs in Montebello and Los Angeles, California. For more information about these opportunities please visit Aerospace Cares or contact Lauren Gandara, Lauren.Gandara@aero.org.
- Volunteer with Science Olympiad |Now – May | Virtual, all locations and In-person, Los Angeles, CA
- Aerospace is proud to be partnering with Science Olympiad again to provide a program for middle school students that have not yet participated in Science Olympiad. This redesigned program provides in-person and virtual volunteer opportunities to include mentorship, guest speaking, and judging. Volunteers can also mentor students from USC who are preparing teams for competition. For more information, please contact STEM@aero.org and sign up on Aerospace Cares.
- Volunteer with Aerospace at Community Events | April 2023 | In-person, Los Angeles, CA
- The Aerospace Cares team will be hosting booths at community events in April. These will be located at the Los Angeles Zoo and the Columbia Memorial Space Center! Volunteers at our booth should be interested in speaking to students, sharing about their careers, and inspiring the next generation of space STEM professionals. If you’d like to volunteer please contact STEM@aero.org.
Please contact STEM@aero.org if you have any questions about the included opportunities.